I earnestly solicit all of you to go through this circular carefully.
- Harmful substances:Water when get stored in plastic bottles produces harmful substances like fluoride, arsenic and aluminium which can be poison for human body. So, drinking water from plastic bottles would mean drinking slow poison that will slowly and steadily deteriorate your health.
- Dioxin production:Plastic does melt in hot environment. And we, often store water and food in plastic containers while driving and so many times leave it in the car where it is in the direct exposure of the sun. Such heating releases a toxin called Dioxin which when consumed can accelerate breast cancer.
- BPA generation: Biphenyl A is an estrogen-mimicking chemical which can lead to lot of health problems like diabetes, obesity, fertility problems, behavioural problems, early puberty in girls and the substance is also known to be disruptiveto the endocrine system. It’s better not to store and have water or food from a plastic containers .According to Scientific American, studies have shown that these chemicals can promote human breast cancer cell growth and lower sperm counts. Pregnant women, infants and children are especially at risk.The New York Timesreports that exposure to this chemical altered the mammary and prostate tissue of lab rats and brought on early sexual development in female mice.
- Liver cancer and reduced sperm count:Because of presence of a chemical called phthalates in plastic, drinking water from plastic bottles can also lead to liver cancer and reduction in sperm count.
- Vitamin based bottled water:Nowadays, we get water mostly in plastic bottles and to increase its health content, manufacturers make it vitamin-enriched to attract buyers. But this is even more harmful as it carries health-harming additives like food dyes and high fructose corn syrup.
- Impact on immune system:Our immune system is immensely affected when we have food or water from plastic containers .The chemicals from plastic containerstend to disturb our body’s immune system.
Health Effects of Plastic Water Bottles (25th May, 2015). Retrieved from: http://www.livestrong.com/article/131685-health-effects-plastic-water-bottles/
Harmful Effects of Drinking Water in Plastic Bottles (5th Jan, 2016).v Retrieved from: https://www.practo.com/healthfeed/harmful-effects-of-drinking-water-in-plastic-bottles-4343/post
What’s the problem with plastic bottles? (8th May, 2012). Retrieved from: http://www.onegreenplanet.org/animalsandnature/whats-the-problem-with-plastic-bottles/
Plastic Bottles Impose Health and Environmental Risks (23rd August, 2012). Retrieved from: (https://www.banthebottle.net/articles/plastic-water-bottles-impose-health-and-environmental-risks/
How harmful is it to drink from a plastic water bottle? (1st October, 2015) Retrieved from: http://www.newstatesman.com/science-tech/technology/2015/10/how-harmful-it-drink-plastic-water-bottle
We strongly recommend all the parents to provide our students with steel tiffin boxes and water bottles. Let us join together and inculcate in our children healthy habits.
Looking forward to your earnest cooperation,
Bro. Cletus N